Shop with confidence!
- Online since 1999
- Top Quality, Low Prices
- 100% Secure Shopping
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
- Thousands of Satisfied Customers
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the holster I want to order in stock?
- What kind of leather are these?
- What methods of payment do you accept?
- Can I order by phone?
- Can I pay with Money Order?
- Is my personal information secure?
- How do I use a gift code?
- I am having difficulty placing my order. I cannot add an item to the shopping cart. What should I do?
- What happens after I buy online?
- How do I check the status of my order?
- How can I make a change or cancel my order?
- What if my holster is damaged, defective in any way, or just not the one I ordered?
- How can I return an item I purchased?
- Do you have a retail store?
- I own one of your holsters, I need replacement hardware.
- What kind of warranty do you offer?
- Can you send me a print catalog?
Holster Fit and Care
- How can I break my holster in?
- I ordered a holster for my gun but the label on the package states a different gun than mine. Why?
- My gun seems to fit a little too snug.
- What should I do for care and maintenance of leather?
- What is bbl ? How do I measure barrel length?
- What is the difference between “MASTER’S Premium Leather” and “SLEEPING DOG by JBP“ holsters?
- Are your holsters lined inside?
1. Is the holster I want to order in stock?
Right handed holsters are just about always in stock. We keep good stock of LEFT handed holsters but occasionally we may be out of certain items or colors. If we are out of an item you have ordered, we will promptly contact you with estimated availability or with substitution suggestions.
2. What kind of leather are these?
All of our products are genuine top grain, vegetable tanned Cowhide leather.
3. What methods of payment do you accept?
We accept all major credit cards (VISA, MASTERCARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS, DISCOVER) and PayPal. We also accept Money Orders (see below). If your credit card is declined during checkout, please call your card issuing bank as our credit card processor does not provide details on declined transactions.
4. Can I order by phone?
We encourage placing orders on our website for fast and accurate processing. To order by phone, you can call us Toll Free at 855-486-6298 (855-GUN-MAX8). To keep our prices low, we utilize a call-back answering queue. If we are unable to answer your call in person, please leave a message with a call-back number and we will get back to you shortly.
5. Can I pay with Money Order?
Yes! Simply select "Money Order" option for Payment during Checkout. You can mail a US Money Order made out to "JBP Trading" along with your Order Number (shown on top of the page after you place your order). Send the Money Order and a note with your Name and Order Number to:
3841 N Croatan Hwy - Unit 1099
Kitty Hawk, NC 27949
6. Is my personal information secure?
We use the latest SSL encryption technology to protect online transactions, including your personal information. We never disclose any personal client data, such as your email, to other agencies or third parties. Upon completing your purchase your e-mail address will be automatically added to our monthly newsletter that contains gun related articles of interest; you can unsubscribe if you do not wish to continue.
7. How do I use a coupon or discount code?
In your CART ( also during checkout) you will see a box for a Coupon Code. If you have a code, enter it and click the ' GO ' button. The net discounted amount will be reflected in your payment amount.
8. I am having difficulty placing my order.
I cannot add an item to the shopping cart. What should I do?
Please change the privacy settings of your browser to "allow cookies" (see below) and try again:
Internet Explorer: Using the menu bar at the top of the screen go to Tools > Internet Options > Privacy. Set the sliding scale "Internet Zone" to "Medium High" or lower.
Firefox: Using the menu bar at the top of the screen go to Tools > Options> Privacy. Select "Allow Cookies".
Chrome: Click the 'wrench' icon on the browser toolbar. Select 'Options' (Preferences on Mac and Linux; Settings on a Chromebook). Click the 'Under the Hood' tab. Click 'Content settings' in the "Privacy" section. Click the 'Cookies' tab in the Content Settings and select "Alllow cookies by default".
You can reset your privacy settings once your order is complete.
9. What happens after I buy online?
After ordering, you will receive two email confirmations. First, we will confirm receipt of your order within minutes of ordering. Second, when the holster is shipped and on its way to you, we will notify you.
10. How do I check the status of my order?
Please go to the Order Status Page. Enter your Confirmation number that you received in your e-mailed Order Confirmation. The online invoice will display the tracking number as soon as your order ships.
11. How can I make a change or cancel my order?
Orders can be changed or cancelled as long as your item(s) have not yet been shipped. If you would like to change or cancel your order, please contact us.
What are the shipping costs?
Standard US mail Flat Rate shipping in the US is $2.50 per order. To see applicable shipping rates for Priority Mail or International Shipping, please visit the Shipping page.
If you select Priority Mail or International address, final shipping costs will be displayed during checkout prior to payment based upon your choice of shipping method.
How long will it take to get my holster?
We ship from VA via US Mail, hence delivery time depends on distance, ship method (Priority Mail or Standard), and the efficiency of the US Postal Service in your area.
Please note that we have no control over the package once turned over to the US Postal Service. Therefore we cannot be held responsible for delays or non-delivery by the US Postal Service (or Postal services of other countries for international and APO shipments)
What if my holster is damaged, defective in any way,
or just not the one I ordered?
We offer hassle free returns, you may return a holster you purchased for any reason within 30 days of purchase, as long as it is in NEW condition. In the rare circumstance where you receive a holster with a serious defect, or have received the wrong item, please contact us immediately. You may send the items you purchased back to:
JBP Trading, 10810 Hinshaw Dr, Midlothian, VA 23113
Please include a note if you want a refund or exchange (with what?), whether there is a defect or you just didn't like it.
How can I return an item I purchased?
Your complete satisfaction is guaranteed.
All items are returnable for refund or for exchange within 30 days of receipt. You can return merchandise to the "sender" address shown on your original shipping label. Prior return authorization is not required; you can simply send the product back.
Please include a note with the following: Invoice number, name, reason for return, requested action: Repair (what) / Exchange (with what, item no., color, right or left) / Refund. All refund requests are subject to evaluation of the condition of the returned holster, full refund will be given for items returned in "new" condition.
Do you have a retail store?
We don't have a retail store, however our products are sold through a growing network of dealers and gun stores in several states and in Canada.
I own one of your holsters, I need replacement hardware.
You can order replacement hardware for our holsters on our website. Please go to Specialty items - you will see a listing of available hardware for purchase. If you need any hardware that is not listed there, please contact us.
Please note: our replacement hardware are only designed to fit the products we sell - they may not work with products from other manufacturers.
What kind of warranty do you offer?
We stand by our products and we strive for complete satisfaction with your purchase and overall experience with our company. We will work with you to address any concerns you may have with the product you received and to correct any problems. We offer 100% satisfaction guarantee: replacement or refund guarantee for any reason as long as the product is in "new" or "like new" condition when returned. Our track record proves very high customer satisfaction and service excellence.
Please also see our legal Disclaimer of Warranty in the safety section.
Can you send me a print catalog?
We don't have a print catalog. Our website is our live catalog with the most up to date listings which include our entire product offering.
HOLSTER FIT AND CARE
1. How can I break my holster in?
Leave your UNLOADED gun inside the new holster for about 2 days. This usually loosens up the leather for a better fit. Like a pair of jeans, your holster will fit your gun better over time.
2. I ordered a holster for my gun but the label on the package states a different gun than mine. Why?
Most of our holsters fit multiple guns and the packaging label may not list all the guns it fits. Check the item number on the label (or printed on the holster) against the item number on your order. For example, your order may state" Pancake Holster Sig 239 ... (# 6026)" and the packaging on the holster may read "# 6026 - Glock 26/27". As long as you ordered and received item no 6026 you have the correct holster.
3. My gun seems to fit a little too snug.
Leather holsters are designed to fit snug initially, that's because after a break-in period leather will stretch slightly to fit your gun perfectly.
You can help speed up the break-in process by doing the following:
- Make sure the gun is completely unloaded and the chamber is empty
- Insert the gun inside the holster (snap on the retention strap if there is one)
- Let the gun stay inside the holster at least overnight at room temperature
This process should provide a better fit.
If the fit is still too tight, you can try the following:
- Make sure the gun is completely unloaded and the chamber is empty
- Wrap your gun in a thin layer of durable saran wrap or a strong grocery bag to prevent rusting
- Hold the inside of the holster under running lukewarm water for a few seconds. DO NOT SOAK.
- Insert the gun (wrapped in plastic to prevent rusting) inside the holster. Snap on the retention strap if there is one.
- Let the gun stay inside the holster at least overnight at room temperature. Do not leave in the sun or in an oven.
When the holster is dry, it should be a perfect fit for your gun.
4. What should I do for care and maintenance of leather?
Our master craftsmen recommend refraining from applying oil and other materials on the leather. Occasional cleaning is recommended as necessary with damp cloth and soap. Refrain from soaking leather in water or cleaning chemicals. Saddle soap, clear shoe polish, or other leather cleaners may be used. If you wish the leather to be softer, Mink Oil is recommended to soften leather as needed, but too much application may cause the leather to soften too much. Do not leave in the sun or in hot car for extended periods, it may cause significant shrinkage.
5. What is bbl ? How do I measure barrel length?
“bbl” stands for “bore barrel length”. It is measured as follows.
SEMIAUTOS: the distance from the beginning of the ejection port to the end of the barrel.
REVOLVERS: the distance from the bottom of the cylinder to the end of the barrel.
6. What is the difference between “MASTER’S Premium Leather” and “SLEEPING DOG by JBP“ holsters?
MASTER’S is our premium hand-molded leather holster line made from top quality Italian cowhide. Leather, materials, construction, stitching, edge finish, and craftsmanship are of the highest quality. These holsters are comparable to our high end competitors, but sold for much less.
SLEEPING DOG is our leather line ideal for value oriented customers on a limited budget who are looking for practical and durable leather holsters at a low price.
7. Are your holsters lined inside?
Our holsters are NOT lined inside because...
1) lining adds weight, bulk and cost
2) inside our holsters is the backside of the leather which is soft enough - almost suede like texture - and it won't harm the finish on the gun. Also, the leather will stretch and conform to your gun with use which will reduce pressure on gun finish over time. That's why we recommend that you leave the gun in the holster for a few days when you get it.
Having said that, continuous holstering and drawing the gun would cause some wear on the CORNERS of the frame regardless of whether it is lined or not, whether it's a nylon or leather holster. Plastic holsters are harder than leather and they will cause more harm to finish at the points of contact.
Very Important: Always follow proper gun safety precautions when using your holster with your gun. Safety is your responsibility. If for any reason you feel using the holster with your gun creates an unsafe condition, cease use of the holster immediately and contact us.
Disclaimer of Warranty: JBP Trading, Inc. (dba Holsterama.com) excludes all warranties, expressed or implied, from the sale of all JBP products. Also excluded, are implied warranties of merchantability and implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose. Our products are sold as is with all imperfections, if any. Leather in general may contain imperfections. Safe use of a firearm with the product is the sole responsibility of the user.
The purchaser assumes all risk associated with the use any product sold by JBP Holsters / Holsterama (aka JBP Trading). JBP may not be held responsible for any injuries or other consequences directly or indirectly resulting from the use of any JBP products.